Saturday, July 23, 2022

silly old bear

 Hey there, friend! Thanks for checking in!

"A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside." 

I didn't quite have enough time last week to squeeze this one in so I am continuing the Winnie the Pooh theme!

The polka dot background is paper from a Carta Bella paper pad called It's A Celebration. I found the cute bees in the paper pad called Flower Garden by Carta Bella. The striped paper is a scrap from probably The Paper Studio like the red stripe I used in last week's card. Winnie the Pooh and the honey pots are from the chipboard set that I've had tucked in a drawer waiting to be used. The only stamped image used is from the Hero Arts set called Friends. 


The second card was inspired by honey pot paper I found at JOANN last week. It's by American Crafts and I just loved the shades of blue and yellow!

 I used an embossing folder (from JOANN) on the background cardstock, which I think is an old color, More Mustard, by Stampin' Up. My order from the latest sale of 6x6 paper pads at Echo Park Paper just arrived this week where I found the bee paper in the Sunflower Market pad and layered it onto black cardstock. I used the Wonky Stitched Oval die by Gina Marie Designs on the honey pot paper. The stamped words are also from the set Friends by Hero Arts.* I used two punches from The Paper Studio and just trimmed them off to not take up as much space. I found some enamel dots from Echo Park paper to add a touch of color in the white space. The two bee friends are from the chipboard set I've been using for these Pooh cards.  It's always fun to incorporate items from different companies and have it all live together in one project. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

*Just a tip when using clear stamps...make sure that you keep it stuck to the original packaging or on your stamping block. It has a tendency to stick to anything that might get set on it and be lost for days until you retrace all the steps you took when you were last using said stamp. 

Oh, bother! LOL

Until next time, keep creating things that fill you up!

Mindy

1 comment:

  1. Awww... cute Pooh bear card!! Love your honey pot card, too! Fab tip! Those pesky clear stamps like to play hide and seek sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.