Saturday, July 16, 2022

Winne the Pooh: Social Media Hop


Welcome hoppers!


My first post and my first hop!
What better way to jump into blogging my creations than to share them with great card makers right out of the gate. No pressure, right? I'm going to do my best to not be too critical of my own creations. I find it's best to embrace what you have. A lot of great things can come from what you already own and how you apply what you know. There's always room for learning new things and new techniques and adding to your supplies. (All craft rooms can testify to that, I'm sure.)

So let's get to this Winnie the Pooh Social Media Hop, shall we? I'll admit that the 90's for me included quite a bit of Winnie the Pooh even though I was a teenager and heading to college. I guess that was just what was "in" at the time.  I will also not deny that I have seen most every movie related to Winnie the Pooh.. sometimes nostalgia just takes over. 

Here is my first creation and my first time using a digi set. 
 

Since Winnie the Pooh sends my mind back in time I decided for this first card to imitate an old instant photo. The base of the card is 4.25 by 5.5.  I used an image from the digi set Together We Have It All from Polka Dot Orchard and colored it in with some pencils I had on hand. The die is from the Nested-Scallop Stitched Square Dies by Gina Marie Designs.  The stamped words are from two different stamp sets I received as gifts: "FRIENDS" is from a set by Hero Arts and "through thick and thin" is part of BFF (wit and wisdom) by Unity. The bees are cut from a sheet of Playful Bees paper from The Paper Studio. The background paper is a scrap from a paper stack called Ninth Street by The Paper Studio.

My second card uses the digi set Hundred Aker Woods from Polka Dot Orchard. 

I printed the map on cream cardstock and then colored portions of it with pencils.  Then I tore the top and bottom to give me just a portion of the map and adhered it to torn black cardstock. The sentiment is from the same set that I cut to leave a border. The striped paper is open stock from The Paper Studio I think called Tiny Stripes. Pooh and Piglet are chipboard from a set I've had for a few years but I threw away the packaging while organizing.  This card was pretty quick mixing some old with some new. 

Be sure to stop by again next week. I've got another couple Winnie the Pooh cards to show you. (I just found a cute paper to try but it's too late to get it into this post.) It's going to be my goal to share a creation once a week so I hope you'll join me!

Thanks for hopping over from Cindy!

Your next stop on the Hop is Nedra.

To start at the beginning head over to our hostess Crystal.

This is social media wide so be sure to follow all the way through as we hop from blogs, to YouTube, to Facebook, and Instagram (check out #winniethepoohhop). If you get lost head back to the beginning.

Until next time, keep creating things that fill you up!

Mindy


20 comments:

  1. Love how you only used part of the long slimline image! I will need to try that!! Good luck with your new blog! I'm getting close to jumping in on this blogging myself. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think pushing myself to set up the blog in a short amount of time helped. Otherwise I would probably keep trying to fine tune it before I let it out into the world. This way I jumped in and will find out what to make better as I go. I wish you all the best with your blog!

      Delete
  2. OMGOsh your first post, first hop, and first digi and I would never have known had you not said. LOVE love love the adorable cards you made from these cute images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely cards, so well put together with pretty papers and embellishments! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards- I love both of them! Nicely done! Congrats on your first hop, blog post and love that you joined the hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun and I look forward to doing more.

      Delete
  5. Love both of your cards - well done! Winnie the Pooh brings back lots of great memories for me as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Mindy!!! So many firsts for you... I'm so excited for you!! I love that you jumped right in for a hop, my friend! Your cards are the sweetest!! Fab design for the first one!! I love the added texture with the torn paper on the second card! I'm just giddy to see you sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend! You started me on this stampin' card makin' journey. Now I just gotta make the time to keep this up. LOL I guess maybe I'll start sending out monthly cards again too.

      Delete
  7. love the instant photo frame! it's perfect! the torn map is awesome! trying that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you could find some inspiration to try out!

      Delete
  8. Both of these turned out great! I really like how you cropped the image on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I couldn't decide what to do with the whole image so when I found a scrap that looked like a polaroid I decided to crop it. :)

      Delete
  9. Yay for you..hop and first Digi..you are now a pro. Your cards are darling. I love the polaroid look of your first card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was late committing to the hop so I couldn't order new stamps and now that I have a printer at home I thought I might as well try out digis :)

      Delete
  10. Thank you everyone! Sorry I'm late replying to everyone I went in to the office today to do some work with no interruptions :) It was nice to come back on here to all the love. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I remember the first image from storybooks as a kid! Love these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It will appear shortly.